** UPDATE: The giveaway Ezra mentions is no longer active.
Welcome to Buying Stuff & Talking About It: the show where I break down the marketing behind the world’s biggest ecommerce brands.
In this segment from Live From The Internet, I’m looking at one of the most famous ecommerce brands ever, Dollar Shave Club, and their biggest rival, Harry’s Razors.
In this episode, I break down their products, their packaging, their ads, their emails, their websites…
So you can apply their most successful marketing strategies and avoid their biggest mistakes.
In this episode of Buying Stuff, I show you:
- How they use tripwire offers to fuel new subscriptions
- My breakdown of their Facebook ad funnels
- Their best emails and social content
Plus a complete breakdown of their websites, including:
- Long-form sales pages
- Shopping cart funnels
- Upsell & cross-sell tactics
Now let’s see who wins this ecommerce cage match!
(DISCLAIMER: This breakdown was originally written in March of 2019 for Zipify’s sister brand, Smart Marketer.
The specific ads and landing pages may have changed since then — but that doesn’t make this exercise any less valuable!)
More From Live From The Internet
Buying Stuff is just one segment from episode 2 of my marketing talk show, Live From The Internet.
The full episode originally premiered on the Smart Marketer blog in May 2020, but many of the topics discussed still apply to today.
Here are some of the other fun segments from episode 2:
- That’s A Good Question, where I answer your questions.
- What’s Working Now?, where I teach you a tested and proven strategy from one of my businesses.
- The Hot Seat, where I sit down with special guests to pick their brains.
Watch the full episode here: